De Mambo is a fast-paced single-screen action platformer currently in development by The Dangerous Kitchen. Supporting up to four players, De Mambo is “kinda Smash Bros, sorta Breakout and somewhat nothing like either of these since it has its own swing”. Interested? Yeah. Me too!
The aim of the game is to knock you opponent off the screen with the three attacks available to you. Controls consist of the D-Pad and a single button to perform all three attacks depending on how you use it. Head here for a tutorial on ‘How to De Mambo’. The environment around you is also destructible, so as you smash through your opponents, the level will start crumbling around you!
De Mambo will feature: (The ones in bold are yet to come)
- One Button Action – easy to learn, hard to master gameplay designed to use one action button and a D-Pad/keys
- Multiplayer – roughhouse up to four of your friends/enemies in Mambo
- Loser Rail – the feature designed to give you a second chance, for those of you not good enough to win
- Flimsy Architecture – Breakable environment for reactive gameplay
- Single-Player – A lone wolf mode that that we like to describe as ‘Zelda 2 meets WarioWare’
- Challenge Mode – Replay challenges from single-player with multiplayer functionality and also send custom challenges to friends.
- Multiplayer Stages – a wide variety of new multiplayer stages
- New Gameplay Modes – Same core Mambo gameplay, new ways to play
De Mambo has been shown at various events over the last 12 months, and will be taken to EGX and Tokyo Game Show this September. Currently slated for release on: PS3, PS4, PS Vita, PC, Mac, and Linux, The Dangerous Kitchen are currently running a Kickstarter to fund the last stages of development.
With 27 days left of the campaign, they’ve already reached 42% of their £15,000 goal! De Mambo is also on Greenlight, so if make sure to drop a vote over there if you want to see the title on Steam. Last but not least, there’s a free demo available so you can get first-hand experience with De Mambo.
I’ll leave you with the trailer as usual. Mark my words, you’ll be seeing lots more of De Mambo once it approaches release, it’s a perfect party-title to play and have fun with friends!